Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not yet at walking speed...

Things are still happening very fast around here.

Although we ~still~ have yet to receive a firm departure date that might be earlier than the initial January 4th agreement, Robin and I are still working under the assumption that we will be leaving Longmont sometime around the end of October. This serves a couple of ends for us; if we end up not departing until the first of the year (2009) we will be well ahead of the preparations game and when we find we have nothing to do it'll be a welcome breather, and conversely, if we get notified that we need to pack up and hit the road as soon as possible we've at least made the strides we have made toward that departure. Everything we can get done now is one less stressor should we be suddenly put on a short deadline.
I'm glad things are going along the way they are, I just could use a few days off :)
---
Last week I traveled to the great northwest. The truck and trailer were loaded to the hilt with motorcycles, furniture, computers, musical instruments and assorted housewares to accomplish all the goals of this trip. Along with visiting my ailing ex-mother-in-law, (in case you need reminding, she is a dear, sweet lady who is battling cancer of multiple fronts) I had the great priviledge of visiting with my elder daugher and her family in Coeur D'Alene, ID and dropping off some cool hand-me-down goodies for them to use. I then traveled to Spokane and spent time with my side fo the family (brothers, uncle and aunt and cousins and, of course, my mom!) I dropped off a motorcycle there for my nephew and he just went bonkers, hoppig on to it and riding away within seconds of the bike hitting the ground off the loading ramp. Ride well, Jason!

After a great evening get-together, I got a nap and headed out to Tacome to see my younger daughter and drop off some furniture. We are very glad she likes it and hope she'll hand it down to the next generation someday.
All went well on this big trip. I had stuff to deliver to 4 folks, I traveled over 1,300 miles and safely delivered stuff to four stops. I did hurt my back pushing that big ole furniture around, and it still is sore, but it'll get better in just a few more days.
I can tell, however, that I have aged just a bit since the 'old days' :)

---

We've been working on establishing residency in Florida over the last few days. The idea came to me when I found out how much it's going to cost to register the truck here in Colorado. I just can't see bucking out nearly a grand for only two or three months of licensing priveledges and then turning around and doing it again in only 3 or 4 more months when we arrive in Florida.
So.. we're filling out tons of paperwork and trying to establish an address and get registered to vote, set up a P. O. box, get the title and registration for both the truck and RV set up for Florida and see if we can juggle all the other stuff that's happening. Hopefully we can accomplish a lot with Notary Publics, Postal officials, and the U.S. mail service, but if we end up having to go there and take care of some of this personally, I guess that wouldn't hurt too awful badl :)

No comments: