Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ah... MOAB!

Robin recommended ... or rather suggested .. ermm .. urged ... umm ... well ... you get the idea, that I join my friend Larry in Moab for a couple of days of decompressing. I did not want to pull away from the projects that lie in my path, and I felt that if I just up and left it would cost some precious time in the middle of an already highly pressurized schedule of events. So it took me a couple of days to kind of warm up to the idea, and I finally packed up the KLR and drove the nearly 400 miles out to the deserts and canyons and 4WD trails that are Moab's big-boy-toy playground. It was a great time to unwind a bit, chew up some landscape while leaving a pretty small carbon footprint and eat some of my buddy's dust. We had a grand time slugging through the sand and climbing impossibly steep slick-rock trails and I wouldn't trade the time for anything.

Picture 026

The views are amazing, the weather couldn't have been better and it was a fun ride! The only down side is that I am now pretty reconnected to the KLR and will have to develop a coping strategy again to its future sale. It's a two-wheeled tractor and a kick to ride around, even if it is too heavy :)
Thanks sweetheart, for your encouragement!

No comments: